Just popping in quickly because I said I’d provide an update on our MaterniT21 results. We actually got the call over a week ago and I keep forgetting to post about it because it’s not interesting.

Once again, there wasn’t enough fetal DNA in the sample. The OB said it’s not worth doing a third blood draw because it’s likely that the same thing will keep happening. She said sometimes the test just doesn’t work out and it’s not a bad thing.

I’m thankful that we chose to do the NT scan and didn’t put all of our eggs in the MaterniT21 basket. At least we know both babies have normal measurements. And as for genders, I’m hoping I can convince the ultrasound tech to let us take a peek at our next appointment on October 7th. If not, we’ll have to decide whether to pay for an elective 3D/4D ultrasound or wait until the level 2 ultrasound at 20-22 weeks where they regularly do gender determinations. We’ll see how I feel when the time comes. Sometimes I feel like I need to know the genders right this second or I’ll explode and other days I feel like I can wait.

Advertisements